Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Food, Kids, and a Car

276. Thank You, Lord, for helping me with my impromptu Baking/Prep Day today! I had fun baking Super Power Muffins, Banana Bread, rolls, and making and then freezing hamburger patties for Papa-Bear to throw on the grill on warmer weather days, and one batch of Kidney Bean and Ham Soup which I froze for a later meal. Yippee! I certainly felt Your nearness and know that I could only do this by Your grace. Thank You for always being so kind to me.

275. Joshua asked if he could pray at bedtime this evening and this is how he began, "Dear Lord, please help us children to become Christians." I was stunned! That is all him speaking to God on his own. Joshua, Saraina, Kadin and I then had a short but special conversation about how to become a Christian. Well, two-year old Kadin wanted to pray then. His prayer included, "Help Joshua and Nay Nay and Mony to obey." Afterwards, Kadin asked Saraina if she wanted to pray. She simply said, "No. I'll pray when I become a Christian." Thank You for conversations like those that remind me that there is no aspect of our lives that go unnoticed by You. Draw their hearts, Lord... for Your glory.

274. A full, sweet day being Mommy to my kiddos. Lord, thank You for all of our kiddos.

273. Papa-bear purchased a new-used car to replace the Jetta. So far, things are going well with Lil Red. He got a pretty stripped down maroon 1995 Geo Prism. The car has incredibly low miles and was kept in a garage. Lord, thank You! You faithfully provide for every thing we need. Not one detail is overlooked by You. And thank You, Lord, for a husband that desires to please You in all things, especially by the way he stewards the money You are entrusting to us.

No comments: