Monday, April 20, 2009

Joshua Worships

277. Joshua went to church with Daddy yesterday which meant he had to leave early so Daddy could practice with the Music Team before the meeting began. I came later with the other three, all with runny noses and/or a cough, thinking I'd keep them with me in the meeting and Joshua would go to his class. Did things ever change from what I was anticipating.

Joshua decided to stay with me and the other three for worship while Daddy was playing. It was one of the most memorable times of worship for me because Joshua, all on his own, stood up from his seat, moved over to where I was standing, and began clapping along with me. I was stunned and so very thankful to see him choose to worship at church for the very first time.

All the kiddos love to worship in the comfort of our own home, not worrying about anyone watching them, but they would never participate in worship at church even if I tried to prepare them by going over some of the songs (if I knew them in advance b/c William was playing that week).

Thank You, Lord, for Joshua deciding to worship with me and our church family yesterday! Oh, I asked Joshua at bedtime why he decided to stand up and clap and he said, "I just looked around and did what the other people were doing." Yep. Isn't that how it starts? Doing what he sees others doing. Thank You also, Lord, for a church family that is not ashamed of worshipping You.


No comments: