Thursday, May 7, 2009

Back Pain

285. My back went out on Monday night (or was it Sunday night? I can't remember!) and as a result I could not get up in the middle of the night for the kiddos. Seriously, things went really bad when I sneezed because the pain in my back literally knocked the breath out of me. I had to wait for William to get out of the shower for him to help me up! I called out when I heard Bethany come in but she didn't hear me. It's crazy! When William helped me get up and get in a better position on the bed, we just laughed, which caused more pain!

But I am writing about this on my Gratitude blog because the Lord, in His kindness, used my pain to give me a greater glimpse of His unparalleled care for me. The pain I felt literally caused me to audibly call on Him, even in moments I wouldn't necessarily choose to do that. And that is good. Pain is humbling. And it's also relative. I think about the pain my Lord suffered on account of MY sin as He bore the wrath I could never stand to bear. He endured therefore I can endure through Him.

There is nothing that can ever separate me from His unstoppable, unshakeable love!

SO, Lord, I thank You for allowing me to endure this pain that I can see You all the more! Yes, I am ready to for this new day and all You have in store for me to see/experience/do/be for my good, and more importantly, for Your Great Glory!

No comments: