Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Midweek gifts


Midweek gifts...

63. No more meetings for Hubby this week after tonight!

62. Received grace to tell the kids at dinner that I needed to pray to God. I closed my eyes and cried out to the Father in Jesus' name to give me wisdom to know how to handle Kadin (throwing a tantrum, shaking his fists, turning red, and refusing to eat his broccoli). Immediately I knew that the Lord would supply me (and was supplying me!) with just the tools and patience and love for Him that I needed to endure that "trial." Thank You, Lord!

61. Recognized my prone to wander heart desiring to fulfill the momentary pleasure of responding to a salesperson on the phone with sarcasm and disgust. Though I did get annoyed (aka angry!) with her, God granted me much grace to not continue on that path. Indeed I regret that my initial response to her was not pleasing to God.

60. Found (what seems to be) the playset we want for our backyard for the kiddos ON $ALE beginning tomorrow. Trusting God for wisdom.

59. Utilizing the tangible gifts God has granted us (i.e. our backyard, front porch).


58. Watching the kids play together in the dirt "cooking."

57. William & I hearing this during our quiet times this morning--
J: Saraina? Where are you? Sissy!!!! Where are you, Saraina? (repeat ~3 times)

S: (~ 5 minutes later) I just hiding Joshua. Yeah. I just hiding on the chair.

56. Having a game Joshua and Saraina can play together and alone! Thank you, Lord, for Auntie Sarah and for her willingness to pass along Barnyard Bingo! They had a blast playing it over and over and over and over. They were so precious saying things like, "All done. Your turn, Saraina." Or "Here you go, Joshua. Mommy, I just help Joshua. Yeah."

No comments: