Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Gift to Reflect On

In reading about a friend who has been battling infertility I feel movement in my womb. How strange and unexpectant life can be at times. And how quickly I can forget these "little" gifts from my Lord.

So, my one gift I'd like to write about this evening is simply...

76. the gift of pregnancy, of feeling a baby move inside my body. And it is all undeserved! I don't deserve to have children and I especially don't deserve to be able to carry my own in my womb. Thank You, Lord God, for this gift... which is all undeserved, all unearned, and all Your doing... I stand amazed. Please bless those who earnestly desire to have children. Bless those women. May You, in Your mercy, open their wombs. Remind them (and me!) that You are all we need!

No comments: