Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ants

What a Wednesday! We woke up running this morning. I was trying to get a handle on the loads of laundry accumulating due to multiple urinary messes and one middle of the night nose bleed. My goal was simply to put one load of laundry in the wash before beginning my quiet time so that before the kiddos woke up for the day I could have a load in the dryer.

Well, here's what happened. I got the load in the wash and was carrying up the load from the dryer, watching each step carefully so I wouldn't lose my balance. As I got to the first landing I put my foot on the step and saw countless ants, crawling and flying, SWARMING around my foot.

Let me break here. If you know me well, you know I have a BIG BUG ISSUE. For whatever reason, bugs are very much attracted to me, always have been. As a result, I get TONS of mosquito bites, ant bites, and find myself stalked by all sorts of flying and crawling critters.

Back to the story. I gasp something like, Oh my, flick off my flipflop, and run tothe top of the stairs to meet William. He grabs the basket of clothes and I simply say, "Bugs! Tons of them!" He grabs a shoe to kill them and I say, "You can't kill them! There's too many!"

Because I generally am a whimp when it comes to insects, he goes to investigate and swiftly comes back saying, "Wow. This can't wait. I've got to go take care of this now."

So, at 6:15ish this morning, Hubby grabs a coffee to go and drives to Home Depot. As he leaves he tells me to put a towel down blocking entrance for other flying creatures to enter. He calls from his cellphone to tell me he's gonna buy some serious chemicals. I start praying and killing the ones that have that quickly come into our living space.

To skip all the details of what took place next, just know that though many chemicals were sprayed and many crawling and flying creatures died, William himself is freaked out. As of this evening, he can't tell where they are coming from. There are SO many. He even moved the fridge in our garage and found them there. Oh my oh my. Just typing this is making me itch.

But, I can still thank God for SO much! Here are some gifts I saw through this day...

170. Having a husband who drops everything to care for and protect our fam. And I am not being dramatic here! William is SUCH a gift! He knows just how seriously and quickly I scratch and am uncomfortable and he went out of his way to provide EVERYTHING I would need! He moved food we were storing down there. He put the load of laundry in the dryer for me. He's doing a load of laundry for me now as he doesn't want me to have to go down there tonight. He used the shop-vac to suck up those pesty things. And there's so much more! Hubby, you are so good to me!

Lord, would You strengthen my husband and pour out Your mercy on him. Give Him wisdom to know how to handle this situation. Thank You for his leadership and care for our fam.

1 comment:

Waitsfam said...

It sounds like it could be termites swarming