Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Alive!

359. Because of the Holy Spirit's prompting, I shared my testimony with the kids this evening. We were in the middle of reading The Big Picture Story Bible (which we would HIGHLY recommend) in the part where Jesus raises Lazurus to life when I shared my story of when/where/how God saved me from my sin. What a SWEET moment I don't want to forget!

Joshua was having a tough time understanding how sin leads to death and so I just shared how I was hellbound when Jesus intervened and the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to my sin and need for God. I shared how I couldn't get to God on my own but that Jesus was THE Way, THE Truth, and THE Life. I told them that day 13 years ago next month was the best day of my life for had that day not happened, my sin would not be covered and I'd still be lost in my sin.

O I praise You, Great and Alighty God for Your saving power & sustaining power! May our kiddos receive the most precious gift, salvation.

358. I didn't kill my keifer! And it is actually growing! You are so kind, Lord! I just knew it would not be alive after I neglected it over the weekend but truly You can make all things ALIVE!

No comments: