Thursday, May 8, 2008

Barriers Now Opportunities

On our main blog I'm in the process of posting an entry called "Barriers Now Opportunities" and I couldn't resist doing something similar here. The gifts listed here are things I saw as barriers initially but, with the help of the Lord, are now opportunities for me to trust the Lord.

105. My hubby's night meetings were a nuissance at first that really tempted me to anger. I now see how kind of the Lord to bestow the gift of a husband who provides for his family in addition to giving me opportunities to accomplish things I would not normally have time to get done. Thank You, Lord, for showing me that I can redeem the time with Your grace!

104. Food limitations due to food allergies is showing me I have a real opportunity to serve my family. This "barrier" is really a gift from the Sovereign Lord to help me grow in putting others first, beginning with my fam!

103. Not having a clue of what to do with 25-pounds of brown sweet rice could've been a barrier but instead it has become an opportunity to be creative in my cooking and trusting God to help me in that.

102. Language barrier turned into opportunity for me to humbly recognize my need for others' help in learning Spanish. It is also revealing an opportunity for me to grow in compassion and act on that compassion as it relates to my Spanish-speaking neighbors. God mercifully provided just the friend to be here at just the right moment to speak Spanish with one of the neighbors I've desperately wanted to connect with. Lord, You amaze me by Your timing and creativity!


101. Barrier of taking the whole crew with me to my 30-week prego appointment turned into blessing as a friend (the same one from gift #102) offered to watch my kiddos for me, allowing me to go to the doctor appointment with ease and get answers to the questions I had. (In case you happen to read this, Hanna, thank-you so very much!) The opportunity in this was simply trust God to provide a way. Opportunities to trust come my way lots so I believe the Lord is really working on me in this particular area!

1 comment:

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

You made Dandelion wine...
You are living eucharisteo -- taking the cup He give.

Takes my breath away.
thank you for ministering to me...

All's grace,
Ann