Saturday, May 31, 2008

Resources

It is very easy for me to not take into consideration the gifts of convenience I receive ALL the time. Well, as the coffee pot is letting me know it's done after getting cued up by Hubby last night, I am grateful for the delay setting, a gift of convenience. Though I don't even want to begin to tell you of my grumblings against this coffee pot! Oh, how prone to wander I am...

Some of the resources I am thanking God for this morning

167. those ten new windows we got shortly after moving in to our house. How wonderful it is to open the windows and get a breeze from outside!

166. our computer and the Internet. Talk about a gift that can be used for evil but can also be used to bring Him so much glory! There are so many great resources online I have taken advantage of. Lord, You know where I am prone to sin in this area. Help me to be ever on guard for sin is deceptive! Help me seek You regarding what it is You are calling me to at a particular time.

165. the Bible! What I would do without the precious Word of God! This book is the greatest resource I have and the only book I open every day. It is the book which not just grows my affections for God but (as Psalm 119:130 says) "imparts understanding to the simple" (aka me!).
164. books that grow my affection for the Lord!

163. a cellphone that allows me to talk with my husband whenever I need or want to.

162. a husband who knows how to make screens for our storm door.

161. my old blow dryer and flat iron which are still hanging in there and working!

160. indoor plumbing

159. being able to listen to a message online at any time, usually for free!

158. hearing a bit of the Truth for Life broadcast by Allistair Begg on Teaching Your Children Well.

157. friends letting us borrow their spreader so William can help get our lawn into shape.

No comments: