Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Counting my Gifts

Tonight I get to record five gifts from today and round my gifts up to a cool one hundred. But in doing so, I think of all the gifts I have not recorded. All the gifts I am fearful to record. All the gifts I have not been aware of. All the gifts I have taken for granted. All the gifts I've tried in vain to take credit for.

Lord, increase my vision for Your hand in my life, Your hand that upholds me, Your hand that created me. Help me to be ever-growing in seeing Your goodness and giving You praise. May I see, hear, taste, smell, and feel You more and sing Your praises more as a result. As Matt Redman says, "Worship starts with seeing You." I want to see You more. I want to recognize You more as I experience all these undeserved gifts.

100. Having a Hubby that lets me buy over $200 worth of healthy bulk food and is willing to eat it (or at least try it!)

99. Blowing bubbles on the porch and playing out back after the rain

98. Pushing through fear of man and using my nonexistent Spanish to speak to the two little girls next door. Amazing how a smile is read and understood regardless of the language barrier.

97. Hearing, "Mommy, I like when you read to me."

96. Getting an appointment with a chiropractor scheduled!!!

No comments: